The increase of performance in web browsers opens up the possibilities for making browser based 3D content, advanced games etc. 3D physics is something that has not been established on the web - yet - but will revolutionize when it does.
- Spread the knowledge about what the new web technologies means for physics simulation
- Try out the existing tools
The project objectives are to produce
- interactive 3D simulation on the Web including demos,
- seminars and
- a report containing conclusions and visions.
The demos may contain
- interactive version of the UMIT 3D model,
- projects from Designhögskolan or LTU,
- physics simulation in the browser,
- data streams connected to 3D simulation objects,
- 3D models dynamically loaded from external files,
- physics simulation,
- simulation control and IO,
- "offline" simulation (viewing existing data),
- post processing (stats, plots, listeners in simulation),
- visualization of interactive or offline simulation, listener data and statistics embedded in simulation.